Sunday, February 5, 2012

My new obsession: Making dresses for my girls


Its official I'm obsessed with making dresses for my girls this month. I just finished the 5th dress in a two week period and needless to say I'm getting nothing else done because I can't stop sewing! I blame Pinterest, the site of never ending projects. I've already gone through a cake making phase, a cupcake phase and a "Mod Podge just about anything" phase. If only I was making money doing these things I would be a rich women by now... Maybe I should start a store dedicated to my changing projects, maybe a one-of-a-kind type of store... hmm... 

Anyways for those of you interested in making some super cute dresses I invite you to have a look at these sites (posted below) for some great inspiration and some very easy to follow tutorials. I am not a sewing expert in any way, I have basic knowledge and a never ending desire to learn something new, have a look at my latest creation:




The dress is made from this tutorial, I did two alterations to the original tutorial: I didn't make the sleeves (because I had no more fabric left to use), and I added the solid color waste band to break up the pattern. If your interested in the fabric I got them from a great shop on Etsy, you can find the shop here


Great dress tutorial sites:

http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/

http://www.sew-much-ado.com/

http://sew4home.com/


And here are a couple of more images from my latest sewing obsession:

Apron 




6-9 month Dress with matching bib



If you have any questions about any of the projects or want further information or tutorial information then post in the comments below.


Some more dresses I made since I first posted this:

Delayed Valentines dress with detachable heart belt









Flower dress with matching hair band



2 comments:

  1. Just wondering where you got that heart fabric from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heart dress was made out of up-cycled fabric that my grandmother gave me, it was actually an old tablecloth, and it was just perfect for a little Valentines dress.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated